Androgenetic alopecia (AGA), also known as hair loss, is a very common scalp condition that impacts the life of many men and women. According to studies, more than 50% of men over the age of 50 will be affected for this. This is why the industry of cosmetic, has always been on the lookout for more and better solutions for this condition. I know for sure they are striving to come up with the best shampoo for hair loss; because there is a large market they can sell this product.
Even though the large number of people suffering from hair loss, the pharmaceutical industry hasn’t come up with a cure for this. Some researchers have stated that there are only a few groups of scientific personnel working on this topic, compared to others more common conditions like diabetes and cancer. AGA also affects women, even though not as bad as men, but we can’t deny the devastating psychological effects that this can cause for them
But the good news is that there is hope! There are treatments in the market that can help almost anyone trying to minimize the impact of hair loss in their life.
In this post we are going to concentrate on something that people may neglect, but the benefits of taking advantage of, can’t be denied. I’m talking about hair loss shampoo. Not many people are aware of the great things that can be achieved in the hair loss fight, only with the use of one of the best shampoo for hair loss that can help you with the hair growing process.
Benefits of Using the Best Shampoo for Hair Loss
The benefits are varied, but these are the top ones:
1. Helps you block the androgens that cause the hair loss.
2. Improve scalp health by targeting the specific conditions that occur when you are dealing with alopecia.
3. Provide much needed relief for scalp itching, inflammation, redness and pain.
4. Increase thickness of hair, which is normally in a thinning process, where the follicles start miniaturizing until there is no more hair growing.
5. Greatly complement the other regular available treatments, because when there is fungus in your scalp, the hair loss process cannot be stopped as effectively as possible.
In this article we are going to review our absolute Top 5 best hair loss shampoo, so you can go through each one of them and make a decision of which one to use.
We greatly recommend using a good shampoo when dealing with hair loss, because the scalp is already going on through many processes, and having to recoup from a bad experience with a cheap shampoo is not what you want to add your list of problems.
We have written extensively about Nizoral shampoo here at TOPHAIRLOSS.COM, so that’s why we won’t extend very much on this particular product. You can find some reviews here and also check where you can get this product for you.
Nonetheless here are some important considerations for Nizoral shampoo for hair loss according to its product description:
· Great product at fighting dandruff, which is common with hair loss and seborrheic dermatitis. This is a 1-2 step killer for dandruff and scalp fungus.
· Lathers very well. I always liked how this product lathers for me, is very easy to apply it in your scalp and you can get it all over your head very easy. This has not happened to me with every product. This leaves you with a great fresh sensation, and your scalp never feels dry or itchy.
· Manufacturer state that this product contains proteins and oil that helps maintain overall scalp health.
· This is a medicated shampoo for some specific conditions (not everyone should need this), especially people suffering from hair loss or severe scalp conditions. This is why this product only need or is directed to be used only two times per week. This is good news because you can get the benefits it provides, all the while you save some money by having the product last longer.
· Contains ketoconazole, which is the main ingredient to fight scalp fungus, which is the #1 cause of dandruff, making it one of the best hair loss shampoo.
· Use it two times a week.
· Wet your hair before use, preferably if you wash your hair with a soft shampoo beforehand.
· Give it around three to five minutes for your scalp to absorb the product. This is very important, as the product needs to get to your scalp and not get stuck in your hair.
· After that use it every three to four days for up to eight weeks.
· Always consult your doctor whenever you start a new regime.
· Check for your results and be aware of any allergy (rare).
· I always second this shampoo with some kind of conditioner, or a mix of shampoo and conditioner. The purpose of this shampoo is to treat any condition, not necessarily leave you with great hair. After saying this, nizoral shampoo still leave your hair looking good enough.
Pura D’or organic shampoo (gold label) is currently the #1 seller and one of the top shampoo for hair regrowth in amazon.com, and it is for a reason. This product claims to be 100% natural and free of any processed preservatives. What make this product effective for hair loss, are all the ingredients that it comes with. Most importantly the DHT blockers that help you suppress the effect of this hormone, which is the main cause of alopecia.
Many of the ingredients found in this shampoo are organic certified. You won’t find any sulfate or parabens, or any chemical that could harm your scalp with prolonged used. This make Pura d’or a great option for folks who have had bad experience with other shampoo, as this is one of the less harmful products.
Reviews about this product are very good and you can start your treatment with it very easily.
This product is one of the most natural ones found in the market, providing a blend of natural ingredients for hair loss that you would need several other products to gather all of them.
Just to mention a couple of them, Biotin provides hair strength while Niacin provides more scalp circulation. All the while you block DHT with the other ingredients. Sounds like a winning combination to me.
Here are some considerations about Pura D’or shampoo:
· It is gentle on the scalp as being 100% natural with no parabens.
· Part of a very complete line of products that includes conditioner and products for different stages of hair loss.
· 15 DHT blockers to stop the effect of this hormone, most importantly the presence of ketoconazole which is the most effective for this. This is where they get the edge on hair loss solution.
· Organic formula is less harmful for your scalp, but may increase the cost of the product.
· One bottle of 16 oz can last you a good 2-3 months.
· Many people have reported good results after the three month mark.
· Helps you maintain the hair that you already have.
· Thickens your hair so it has more body and is fuller.
· Stops male pattern baldness itch, which is very common for hair loss patients.
· Very good hair loss shampoo for women, as it works on thinning hair and will not ruin the color treated hair.
· Pleasant smell that it’s not overpowering or too strong.
· Provide solution for scalp redness and inflammation.
· Users have reported that this shampoo will work great with people that are just starting to lose hair.
· Recommended for receding hairline, bald spot and patches of no hair.
· Provides shine, softness and silkiness in hair in just two weeks of use.
· Very good option for sensitive skin.
· You will notice less hair in the drain after using this product.
After all these considerations it is good to note that this product also comes with some downsides, which we will provide here. Just remember nothing is perfect and is up to you to make a decision about what is best for you based on correct information.
· It is somehow hard to lather and get all your hair covered. The product is very gel like and will need one or two pumps for you to have the needed amount.
· Not everyone likes the scent, some people reports not smelling a thing, others really love it and others just don’t like it. Try it for yourself and find out where you are in these groups.
· After you wash your hair, it leaves some kind of film or sensation of still having the product on. We think that it is how the product works and provide protection for your hair.
· Not very easy to use on very long hair.
So there you have it. I personally think that this is one of the most promising product that you can get on the market, while it will really protect you from strong chemicals. I think they are trying to go wide here, by including all the ingredients known in the industry to improve hair loss and scalp condition.
100% natural preservatives and many many DHT blockers, making it one of the best products for hair loss. Sound great to me!
Regenepure dr shampoo for hair loss may not be as popular as the two mentioned above, but it is rightly in the same group because of its effectiveness. If you are suffering from hair loss for about 10 or 5 years, and like to do your research, I am almost 100% sure that you have heard of this hair loss shampoo.
What is so good about Regenepure?
Very simple: ketoconazole 1 percent. Start to see the pattern here? This product is clinically proven to fight hair loss and that is just the beginning of the story.
The same as Pura D’or, this shampoo doesn’t contain sulfate, parabens or strong and bad chemicals.
I see Regenepure as a mix between nizoral and Purador. It contains the good from nizoral (keto) while also adding some other hair loss fight components to the mix. All of this while also not including many strong chemicals just like Pura d’or.
Dry scalp, itchy scalp or oily scalp, all of this will be gone with the use of this shampoo. Apart from this, it will help you maintain a healthy scalp because of the components that tackles the follicles and remove fungus.
Hair growth stimulant that blocks DHT in a very effective way. All of this make Regenepure join the club of the top 5 best shampoos.
Here are the most important considerations about Regenepure dr:
· Ketoconazole, Saw Palmetto, Emu Oil, Niacin, Caffeine, Jojoba oil… all the big guns are right here baby!
· Can be used by both men and women.
· Indicated to support hair growth (not a miracle potion remember)
· Users have reported that with only three uses of this shampoo, their dandruff was gone.
· Clear acne coming from dandruff and oily hair.
· Only needed for every other day use.
· Thicker and stronger hair is the result from continuous use.
· Does not dry your skin or irritate your scalp.
· Slow down hair thinning by nurturing hair follicles.
· Fantastic spearmint scent.
· Provide relief for seborrheic dermatitis where other products won’t do anything.
· One patient reported relief for migraine. This could be because of the caffeine in regenepure. I’ve used to suffer from migraine also while young, and this was suggested for me to use.
· Stop actual hair fall down, so you will eventually see less hair in the drain.
For many this is the best shampoo for thinning hair, because of personal use and experience. Several friends and people I know, that have used many of the available products, often end preferring Revita to the rest. It is one of the best options, and you would ask, why is that?
Revita shampoo helps stopping hair loss, while also provides a great user experience while using it. It all comes to this: does this product works? Yes. Does it make me feel good about using it? Yes. That’s it. All the products on this list are great and deliver what they advertise, a much needed help in the hair loss process.
You will feel that your hair is more healthy and thus making you happier with your experience. This is what this shampoo does for you. You will not want to live without it after using it for long time.
Something great about Revita is that it doesn’t contain any ingredient that shouldn’t be there. All there is are good stuff for hair loss and quality healthy scalp.
Here are the main considerations for Revita hair loss shampoo, and why we recommend using it:
· Helps stimulate and grow hair.
· Hair that is soft and manageable.
· Thicker hair full of body
· Reduces the amount of hair you will find in the sink after wash.
· Slow down hair loss.
· No SLS, does not dry the skin.
· Smells great.
· Strengthens the roots to minimize hair fall.
· Works great for thinning hair.
Overall this is the product I will test in the future, apart from nizoral which I use currently. It is one of the most recommended products within hair loss experts, and that is why I believe it is right at the top. Results may vary so it would be great if you give this shampoo a try.
Last but not least is Lipogaine Big 3 shampoo. Manufacturer state that this is the “NO.1 rated hair loss shampoo for men and women since 2012”, this is according to some mysterious rating! I found the statement somehow funny, given that this product doesn’t need more hype other than the results that actual users have received with it.
I am not sure why the “Big three” name officially, but I do know that in the hair loss advice world, the big three is the name of the best known and approved treatment for hair loss. Propecia (finasteride), Rogaine (Minoxidil) and Nizoral (ketoconazole) are the big three members.
Here is the deal with Lipogaine, it contains what every other product should contain, and you should know perfectly by now: ketoconazole 1 percent.
This ingredient is a no brainer for a good hair loss shampoo. Nothing will ever work as good as this antifungal component.
Apart from this, they do a good job in not including all the strong and harsh chemicals that you will find in cheap non hair loss shampoos.
Biotin is another component that will do wonders for your hair, but not every product comes with it.
They have different lines for men and women, provided that both have different needs.
Why you should buy Lipogaine shampoo?
· Best natural and organic elements.
· Natural DHT blocker.
· Helps adding volume to your hair, which is great when dealing with hair thinning.
· Very mild shampoo for sensitive scalp.
· Stop constant painful and itchy scalp.
· A great solution for oily hair for men.
· Fuller and thicker hair.
· Slow down the rate of the hair loss.
· As noted before, it is great at complementing any hair loss treatment that includes rogaine and propecia, a very important aspect of the best rated shampoo for hair loss.
· Foams very well and smell very nice.
· Will kill DHT on your scalp.
· Stop flaking and dandruff.
What’s not to like about this!?
Just remember, these products are the best for their indicated condition, so it will be a matter of personal preference when you start using and testing each one of them.
I recommend that you start with nizoral 2 or 3 times a week, as that is the one I’ve been using for many years. For me it is the best option for hair loss.
I will start testing the other brands and report back to you with my findings. I really like that there are so many options for my condition, which I’ve been suffering for about 10 years now.